Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things change, things begin

In all travel nothing stays the same.  Circumstances inevitably change, and you must adapt and move on.  Unfortunately for me, Ryan has left today, and although its sad for me on many levels, I'm trying to see the positive, and embrace the change.  

In looking back we've had a really great month.  We've climbed volcanoes, camped on beautiful lake shores, trekked the epic landscape of Torres del Paine, played endless games of Rummy, and mastered the art of long bus rides.  But with all good things, it must come to an end.  

I find myself in Buenos Aires.  I've been here now for three days, and although I've not seen the whole city, I can safely say its a gem.  For the most part its clean, the people are beautiful and gentile.  It has neighborhoods which are full of character and culture.  I'm truly in the honey moon phase with city.  Fashion is here is very European in nature, as is the architecture.  This is the first foreign city I could see myself living in.  Now if I could just find a job........

Since Ryan is gone, it does free me up to focus on my photography, which should be a bit of a challenge.  I'm not the best architecture photographer, and it seems that this is one of the most compelling points of interest here.  I'll try and put something up in my next post.  


1 comment:

leapasla said...

What a wonderful journey. It is delightful to see you evolve in a new environment.
You look happy in your own world and serine.
I find your words magic. You give me the opportunity to dream it... dream it until I go!
Take good care. Live it up.

The first time you read a book will shape your feelings or thoughts. It is the initial impression that last - so it is for an adventure or life.

Lea